Sunday, June 27, 2010

trails and sunshine

So, as I was saying in my last post...summer is FINALLY here! I basically camped outside all weekend. I did sleep inside but I stayed outside until about 12 midnight! It gets pretty chilly here at night which I actually like....there are NO bugs or humidity here so it is actually quite fun to be outside at night with friends and family. I love the Mississippi Delta in the summer, too but I must say that I think Bend trumps it. If I could just have my moma, dad, and sister, and a few other choice folks from my family : ) here with me I would literally be in heaven!

The other thing I love about summer being here is that I can run outside! I did get used to the elliptical this winter and it wasn't too bad. I did like watching my shows while I was exercising. BUT, there is just something about running in the bright sun...next to the Deschutes River...that makes my heart melt! The river trail was PACKED this weekend though! I was constantly moving over, stopping and saying excuse me. I didn't really mind though. It was nice to see everyone out and about.

I can run sooooo much farther when I am outside (in comparison to inside at the gym). I feel soooo much better, too. I know this is mental but for some reason I just don't feel like running inside has the same positive affect on me as running outside. I mean, I just feel like I am REALLY working out when I am running outside. Oh well, like I said, I think it is all in my head but who knows?!?

Well, I better get back outside because the sun is setting and I don't want to miss too much more of that precious Bend sunshine!!

No comments: