Thursday, July 10, 2008

NASCAR

So, if you know me then you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE NASCAR. I started watching it when I went to college because when I would call my moma she never could talk because she was watching "the race". Needless, to say I started watching them so that we would have something to talk about (or so that I could talk to her at all on Sundays!).

Anyway, my favorite drivers are Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Kasey Kahne.



Lots of people ask me if I think NASCAR is a sport. Well, I don't.

You do have to be athletic and skilled to be a driver but as far as it being a sport it just doesn't fit in to what MY PERSONAL definition of a sport is.



I think that the more equipment you have to use to play a "sport" the less of a sport it is. NASCAR is totally dependent on LOTS of equipment. I think that the more equipment you use the less of a pure sport it is. I mean, to me if you can go outside and compete with your friends at the spur of a moment then THAT is a sport.

Running is a great example of a pure sport!

Anyway, I still love NASCAR and I think it takes lots of dedication, skill, and physical ability but a sport??? I think NOT!

No comments: