Tuesday, July 20, 2010

chugging along...

Not too much going on around here...summer is in full swing and I am LOVING it! I literally have been outside from sun up to sun down everyday!
I have been trying to focus on living right now...I get caught up thinking about what is ABOUT to happen or what COULD happen or what SHOULD happen. Really, I need to just realize that I have a great husband, a wonderful dog, a nice house, and a great job that I love. I mean, come on, what else do I need?

I think sometimes Iget caught up in what I THINK people THINK I should be...I have a friend that always asks me "when are you going to get pregnant?" I have people in my family who say "you spent so much money getting a college degree why do you want to be a nanny?" This list could go on and on...Most of the time I just laugh it off, sometimes I feel bad for myself and think, yeah I should have a baby...yeah I should work full time and get a REAL job. I think though most of the time I just think to myself, why do these people care what I do???

I am lucky that I only have to work 20 hours a week...my husband takes career of me. I am lucky that when I want to go somewhere I don't have to find a baby sitter.
Life is great...why in the world do I let other people bring me down? My goal now is to remember that I am HAPPY because I like MY life!

On another NOTE, ha ha...I started my SEO class up at the college last week. It is very informative. The teacher is really good and funny! I am feeling better about the whole thing. Pretty soon I will be more confident with my SKILLS and I will be able to interview for more jobs!! Hopefully by September I will be ready and able to secure a job since the little kiddos will be in school...they are getting so big!

Oh, happy summer!!

No comments: