Thursday, September 23, 2010

wake up

Well, fall is here and I have to say that I am enjoying it. Our summer here in Bend was VERY short...I mean, like two months! It never got hot until late June...you couldn't even wear shorts until then! When it finally turned to summer it did get HOT! I was outside all day every day LITERALLY!

The fall weather and the changing of the season has always been a bit hard for me. I mean, I love fall...the leaves changing, FOOTBALL, nice cool runs, sitting outside in the afternoon and not getting sweaty...it's nice...BUT it is really hard to get over summer-time weather and know deep down that winter is RIGHT AROUND the CORNER! This fall I plan to enjoy FALL...not worry about dumb ol' winter until it gets here! I will have my tea outside for as long as I can and ENJOY it!

Speaking of tea, I gave up coffee! If you know me then you know this is a MAJOR achievement in my life! I take after my moma when it comes to coffee...two pots a day, baby! I love it and I literally drink it all day! Now, I don't know that coffee is just super bad for you but I know that it can't be too good for you?? I switched to tea...green tea...which, I know, IS good for me! There haven't been too many adverse side effects...a slight headache...maybe? I have allergy problems so not sure if it is the lack of coffee or allergies?
I will have coffee some...I love it with my dessert at night (when I eat dessert). Everything in moderation!

A quick update on my vegan-goal...pretty good. NOT perfect...from craving certain foods (turkey) to not wanting to ask for my food any other way than how it is prepared by the chef (no dairy please) it is tough! I have cooked a few separate meals from Josh (his with meat mine without) and he actually made me some veggie chili while he had meaty chili! That is HUGE!!
Anyway, there are lots of things going on with my diet these days...mostly for my allergies but that is for another post! It will all come together one day (or not) !!

LOVE!

No comments: